“Our yearning for God is the most important aspect of our humanity; our precious treasure; it gives our existence meaning and direction, it is, indeed universal and primary…. it is a very specific desire for an actual loving communion, even in an absolutely personal relationship with God.”
– Gerald May
Kathy deeply respects the mystery of life unfolding in each unique person.
Through her ministry, she offers a life-giving approach to finding the Holy in all things.
Kathy has worked as a spiritual director for over 14 years. Some of her work has focused on issues such as:
- Becoming more intentional about one’s spiritual life within the joys and challenges of marriage and family life
- Seeking spiritual growth in mid-life
- Enlarging images of God ~ including female images of the Holy One
- Dreams as a Spiritual Practice
Read more about Kathy’s areas of experience in Spiritual Direction on the What to Expect page.
Kathy proudly hails from southern California. She began her working career as a Navy Nurse during the Vietnam War at the Philadelphia Naval Hospital working on medical-surgical and psychiatric units. She later worked as a social worker in the Public Health Department in Goshen, Indiana. After moving to Allentown, Pa and studying pastoral counseling she practiced individual and couple therapy as well as facilitating support groups for widows and widowers and divorced and separated individuals. She also taught parent education classes.
Kathy lives in Mount Airy, Philadelphia with her husband Gene. She has two daughters, Rachel, who lives in New York is Director of Programs at Let’s Get Ready, a nonprofit that helps underserved students attend college. Sarah, who lives in Boston with her wife is a touring musician and currently studying towards a graduate degree in Social Work.
- M.A. in Holistic Spirituality/Spiritual Direction
Chestnut Hill College, Philadelphia
- Certification of Advanced Study in Pastoral Counseling
Loyola College, Maryland
University of Missouri School of Social Work, Columbia, Missouri
- B.S. in Nursing
Seattle University, Seattle, Washington
Memberships and Training
- Spiritual Directors International
- “The Retreat in Everyday Life” which follows the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius of Loyola
- Group Spiritual Direction
- Dream Work
Examples of Programs and Retreats Facilitated:
- Introduction to the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola online course through Moravian Seminary, Bethlehem
- An Invitation to Ignatian Spirituality for Our Day online course through Moravian Seminary
- Dreamwork as Soul Work through Mt. Airy Learning Tree, Philadelphia,
- Introduction to Dream Work Series, SSJ Center for Spirituality, Chestnut Hill, Pa
- Weekend Dream Retreat, St. Mary by-the-Sea Retreat House
- Spiritual Direction as a Ministry of Accompaniment, Germantown Mennonite Church, Germantown, PA
- Directed Silent Retreat, St Francis Center for Renewal, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Directed Silent Retreat Weekend: Come…Let Your God Love You, St. Mary-by-the-Sea, NJ.
- Sacred Listening Programs: New Jersey and Philadelphia
- Spiritual Formation Series to Deepen One’s Spiritual Life, St. Vincent’s, Germantown
- Spring Spa Day for Your Soul, St. Phillip Neri, Lafayette Hill, PA
- Taking the Pulse of Your Spiritual Life, St. Anne’s Episcopal Church, Trexlertown, PA